- 1 Wiki Loves Monuments - Kick-off meeting
- 2 Wiki Loves Monuments - Upload marathon
- 3 Wiki Loves Monuments - Awards Session
- 4 3 February, Brussels: Statutes Sprint
- 5 8 December, Brussels: Creative Commons Belgium Relaunch
- 6 30 November, Brussels: meeting about founding Wikimedia Belgium
- 7 30 November, Brussels: prize giving ceremony for Wiki Loves Monuments Belgium & Luxembourg
- 8 1 July, Brussels
- 9 2 July 2014, 19h, in Brussels
- 10 6 July 2014 : Wikimedia Wiknic - international picnic in the southeast of the Netherlands
- 11 31st of August: Wikisunday in Maastricht
- 12 (Ex) Regular Meetups
- 13 4 of September 18H00 Waterhuis aan de Bierkant, Groentenmarkt 9, Ghent
- 14 3 - 5 October in Cologne
- 15 19 November in Brussels: founding event
- 16 26 November in Brussels: prize giving ceremony
- 17 7 December in Brussels: board meeting
- 18 24 January in Brussels: General Assembly
- 19 31 January & 1 February: FOSDEM
- 20 4 February
- 21 15 March 2015: board meeting
- 22 7 & 8 March 2015: Art + Feminism edit-a-thon
- 23 10-12 April: GLAMwiki conference
- 24 (13-)15-17 May 2015: Wikimedia conference 2015
- 25 15-19 July: Wikimania
- 26 23 July: Board meeting
- 27 18 october 2015
- 28 14 November 2015
- 29 5 December 2015
- 30 30 & 31 January 2016: FOSDEM 2016
- 31 20 February 2016
- 32 4-17 April 2016
- 33 See also
Wiki Loves Monuments - Kick-off meeting
7 September 2013 - Kick-off meeting at the Sint-Gorikshallen / Halles Saint-Géry (Brussels). Meet fellow contestants, hear tips and tricks from people who participated last year. Learn how to upload and process the images.
Wiki Loves Monuments - Upload marathon
28 September 2013 - Upload marathon at Waterhuis aan de Bierkant (Gent). Upload the last images before the end of September. Closing drink just after midnight.
Wiki Loves Monuments - Awards Session
05 November 2013 - 19:00 - Wiki Loves Monuments Awards Session at the KIK-IRPA, Parc du Cinquantenaire 1, 1000 Brussels. The entrance to the Institute is on the Renaissancelaan = Avenue de la Renaissance, opposite no. 42 (you can enter this address in your GPS) .
3 February, Brussels: Statutes Sprint
Statute Sprint, preparation of the statutes in order to finish them in feb/mar. Meet at 13h at train station Brussel-Centraal/Bruxelles-Central (at the sales booths).
Yes, I will be present
- MADe (talk) 14:43, 16 January 2013 (UTC)
- Dimi z (talk) 14:47, 16 January 2013 (UTC)
- Geertivp (talk) 18:50, 20 January 2013 (UTC) - Remark that it is FOSDEM that weekend; could we possibly meet on the ULB Brussels?
- Romaine (talk) 01:07, 22 January 2013 (UTC)
I will not be present
- Unfortunately, for the second time, I won't be able to attend :-( I'm abroad 1-10 February. SPQRobin (talk) 19:01, 27 January 2013 (UTC)
8 December, Brussels: Creative Commons Belgium Relaunch
Relaunch event on 08 December at iMAL, Brussels. Report send on mailinglist. Users present:
30 November, Brussels: meeting about founding Wikimedia Belgium
Meeting to talk about the fouding of Wikimedia Belgium.
- Location: Brussels, we meet at railway station Brussels-Central, and then walk to Royal Institute for Cultural Heritage (KIK IRPA), Parc du Cinquantenaire 1.
- Time: 13:00
Yes, I come
- Romaine (talk) 23:48, 20 November 2012 (UTC)
- Warddr (talk) 00:10, 21 November 2012 (UTC)
- Geertivp (talk) 09:00, 21 November 2012 (UTC) (after 16:00)
- M0tty (talk) 09:18, 21 November 2012 (UTC)
- Jos Punie (talk) 14:10, 21 November 2012 (UTC)
- Lodewijk (talk) 23:07, 23 November 2012 (UTC) (member of affiliations committee)
- Dimi z (talk) 18:16, 27 November 2012 (UTC) (after 17:30)
- Robby (talk) 14:34, 28 November 2012 (UTC)
- Naturally :) -- とある白い猫 chi? 15:30, 28 November 2012 (UTC)
30 November, Brussels: prize giving ceremony for Wiki Loves Monuments Belgium & Luxembourg
30 November 2012 - Welcome: 18:30, start: 19:00. A prize giving ceremony and presentation of the winning pictures of the photo contest Wiki Loves Monuments will be held at the Royal Institute for Cultural Heritage (KIK/IRPA) in Brussels, Parc du Cinquantenaire 1.
1 July, Brussels
On July 1 (Sunday), starting at 13:00, we will have a meetup in the Halles Saint-Géry / Sint-Gorikshallen
Hackerspace in Brussels (Prinses Elisabethlaan 48 av. Princesse Elisabeth, 1030 Schaarbeek) (location to be confirmed, in theory the confirmation will come Tuesday)
- Discuss bylaws
- Discuss objectives
- Discuss (and maybe plan) concrete ideas/activities to carry out our objectives
- Wiki Loves Monuments Belux 2012
- Erik009 contacted WMNL/WMFR/WMDE for sponsoring prizes, but he didn't get any reply
- SPQRobin (talk) 22:28, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- I think I am there. Romaine (talk) 22:30, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- Dereckson (talk) 22:56, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- MADe (talk) 18:31, 21 June 2012 (UTC) Will attend
- DerekvG (talk) 12:19, 23 June 2012 (UTC) will attend
- Zinneke (talk) 13:54, 25 June 2012 (UTC) - most probably able to be there.
- Can not be present
- I'm abroad, so I cannot attend physically. WouterVH
- Unfortunately I will be traveling on that date. --M0tty (talk) 10:45, 24 June 2012 (UTC)
- Unfortunately I cannot attend, but I am very much in favour of a Belgian Chapter. Andries Van den Abeele (talk) 14:39, 24 June 2012 (UTC)
Possibly present through the chapters committee. Lodewijk (not sure if it is possible)Probably not possible after all - family obligations.
2 July 2014, 19h, in Brussels
We invite you to this special bimonthly meeting. We have good news as the Affiliation Committee recommended the WMF Board to approve our chapter.
Let's meet at 19h for a light lunch offered by the organizers. The discussions will start around 20h. The meeting is open for all interested persons.
- SPQRobin (talk) 13:23, 6 May 2014 (UTC)
- MADe (talk) 09:41, 28 June 2014 (UTC)
- Dimi z (talk) What time?
- Geertivp (talk) 12:35, 30 June 2014 (UTC)
- Lionel Scheepmans (talk) 22:12, 30 June 2014 (UTC)
- Romaine (talk) 20:29, 24 June 2014 (UTC)
- Afernand74 (talk) 21:15, 29 June 2014 (UTC)
The 7 users above were all at the meeting.
6 July 2014 : Wikimedia Wiknic - international picnic in the southeast of the Netherlands
Inspired by this mail, we organize a Wiknic (picnic) in the southeast of the Netherlands, so also Belgians, Germans (especially from Nordrhein-Westfalen) and whoever is in the neighbourhood can join!
With sun outside, with rain inside. Dutch pancakes will be baked and stroopwafels will be available. Would be nice if everyone brings some food, drink and more with him/her to share.
- Time: 13:00 - 17:00 (and later who wishes)
- Address: Dominee Theodor Fliednerstraat, 5631 BM Eindhoven, the Netherlands
- Coördinates: 51.455585, 5.488054
- Distance: 15 minutes walk from central train station Eindhoven (direct connections from Venlo and Heerlen by train) + 2 local bus stops
- By car: 500 parking spaces
Signing up for it is welcomed, but not required: Sunday 6 July.
31st of August: Wikisunday in Maastricht
The Bonnefantenmuseum in Maastricht welcomes Wikipedians and Wikimedians for a meetup in the museum. More information can be found on this page.
(Ex) Regular Meetups
NOTE: Anything in this section (time, cities, location, frequency, ...) has been decided just to get the ball rolling on a regular meetup. Any ideas, proposals, suggestions, ... are more than welcome.
A regular meetup of Wikimedians in Belgium will be held each first Wednesday of the second month, switching between Brussels and Ghent. This means a four-monthly cycle:
- 1st month: El Turco, Place de Londres / Londenplein 6, Brussels
- (By train to Brussels-Luxembourg and a short walk to the square; or by train to Brussels-Central and a ~20min walk to the square)
- 2nd month: (no regular meetup)
- 3rd month:
4 of September 18H00 Waterhuis aan de Bierkant, Groentenmarkt 9, Ghent
By train to Gent-Sint-Pieters: then e.g. by tram 1 to Gravensteen
Attendee list on Framadate page.
Notules: 2014-09-04 Wikimeet Ghent
Present: Lionel Scheepmans, SPQRobin, MADe, Andries Van den Abeele, Afernand74, Geertivp, Jos Punie, M0tty, Taketa, Romaine
Beginning of October in Brussels
That will be the next meeting about chapter creation.
Place and date are still in deliberation.
Possibility for all participants to inform the rest of the group, about his preferred date on this page.
3 - 5 October in Cologne
The WikiCon 2014, the largest meeting of the German speaking community and her sister projects, is organized this year from 3 to 5 October in Cologne. Besides lectures and an evening program there are also several excursions to museums and attractions in Cologne. We would welcome it and consider it delighted if Wikipedians from the nearby Benelux countries woulld visit our conference. Until 31 August you can sign up for it including a hotel reservation through this form. You can also decide on a later moment to come but if you then wish to stay multiple days, you have to organise a place for the night yourself. More information about the accommodation and the conference can be found here. If you have any questions, you can send those to: infowikicon.org and we help you with pleasure.
We look forward to seeing you.
On behalf of the organizing team,
19 November in Brussels: founding event
See also: Press release founding Wikimedia Belgium
26 November in Brussels: prize giving ceremony
7 December in Brussels: board meeting
24 January in Brussels: General Assembly
31 January & 1 February: FOSDEM
At 4 February 2015 we organize the Projects Days meeting from 13:00-18:30.
15 March 2015: board meeting
7 & 8 March 2015: Art + Feminism edit-a-thon
10-12 April: GLAMwiki conference
At 10-12 April 2015 there is an international GLAMwiki conference in the Netherlands. The conference is open for all cultural institutions and people who work with them.
(13-)15-17 May 2015: Wikimedia conference 2015
The Wikimedia Conference 2015 is an annual meeting of all Wikimedia organizations (Wikimedia chapters, thematic organizations, user groups, and the Wikimedia Foundation), as well as other committees to discuss the future of the Wikimedia movement in terms of collaboration, structures and organizational development.
The 2015 edition is organised at 15-17 May 2015, with pre-conference meetings at 13-14 May.
15-19 July: Wikimania
The 11th annual international Wikimedia conference will take place from 15 to 19 July 2015 in Mexico City. (more information)