Wikimedia Belgium wants to work on a better Free Knowledge and wants to support all efforts in this regard. Wikimedia Belgium cannot do this on their own and needs your help. We can assist you with your plans and projects.
Please talk to us during the Wikimedia Belgium Project Days, organized every three to six months.
Our first Project Days will be organized on 4 Febuary 2015 from 14:00 to 18:00 at Transforma Bxl Avenue du Pérou 80 Perulaan, B1000 Brussels.
How does WM BE help?
Wikimedia Belgium can help you or your organisation with the following aspects of planning your activity:
- Connections with the Wikimedia community
- How to connect to the Wikipedia communities? How do you get supported by volunteers? Or simply how to improve your article to avoid speedy deletion?
- Need help with spreading the word of your event? We can help by promoting your event to our members, via social media, ... Or by assisting you with a venue.
- Thanks to the support of the supporting members of our organisation and of the Wikimedia Foundation, we can assist with funding. We support small and big plans, including reimbursement of expenses, purchase of equipment and paid staff.
- Connections with local and national organisations
- Wikimedia Belgium acquired good connections with different regional and national organisations since the organisation of the first edition of our Heritage Picture Competition.
Who is invited?
Firstly we invite the Wikipedia/Wikimedia community members and Open Knowledge enthusiasts are welcome too.
We also invite organizations and companies willing to work with Wikimedia Belgium.
The first Project Day is scheduled for Wednesday 4 February 2015.
- 14h00 : Welcome time.
- 14h15 : Presentation of Wikip(m)edia in English or French.
- 14h45 : Presentation of Wikimedia Belgium (Including potential action and cooperation with members and institutions).
- 15h00 : Presentation of all participants before a pause for informal discussion and drink.
- 15h30 : Brain storm with all participants about projects and opportunities.
- 15h45 : Splitting up into various workshops to discuss each project separately.
- 16h30 : Debriefing of the days and organization of starting collaborations with all Wikimedian members.
- 18h00 : Closure of the event.
Please confirm your attendance via email to maarten [at] wikimedia.be or by adding your name below.
Wikimedia Belgium members
- Lionel Scheepmans ✉ Wiki ou eMail
- Afernand74 (talk) 13:54, 6 January 2015 (UTC)
- --DerekvG (talk) 08:34, 22 January 2015 (UTC)
- Romaine (talk) 18:03, 22 January 2015 (UTC)
- Ste.caneva (talk) 16.05, 24 January 2015 (UTC)
- SPQRobin (talk) 15:31, 24 January 2015 (UTC)
- maybe Effeietsanders (talk) 23:00, 26 January 2015 (UTC)
- MADe (talk) 20:50, 27 January 2015 (UTC)
- Geertivp (talk) 18:39, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
- M0tty (talk) 11:12, 2 February 2015 (UTC)
- Adrien D.
- Mons 2015
- OpenFab makerspace
- Marc Van C. (Abeli ASBL)
16 people were present at the meeting.
- Two of them came from Mons.
- Two other people attended to present Visupedia sprl and see if a partnership with Wikimedia is possible.
- One other person came for asking our participation during a meeting about free software for associations.
- More than this we met two wikipedian editors just curious to see what is concretely Wikimedia Belgium.
Finally we changed the room just before the meeting for a cheaper one, but we are still waiting our grant to have money and pay it ...