Wikimedia Belgium depends on donations and grants to fund our activities and projects that support Wikipedia and her sister projects.
Donating to Wikimedia
It is possible to donate to Wikipedia and Wikimedia in Belgium in two different ways.
- You can donate directly to Wikimedia Belgium to support activities and projects in Belgium: donate here.
- You can donate to the Wikimedia Foundation to support activities and projects worldwide: donate here.
The funds we receive are used for activities that enrich Wikipedia and other Wikimedia wikis:
- supporting volunteers from Wikipedia and other Wikimedia wikis
- collaborating with institutions to have more educational material on the Wikimedia platforms
- organising photo contests to have more images illustration Wikipedia and other wikis
Neither donating to Wikimedia Belgium nor Wikimedia Foundation is currently tax deductible in Belgium. Being tax deductible requires being recognised and being subsidised by one of the communities or the state. Neither is the case yet.
Stay informed about the activities and projects in Belgium:
- Subscribe to our newsletter, visit: Newsletter
- Become a member of Wikimedia Belgium, visit: Membership