To contact me, you can use Email lionelscheepmansbe or even my belgian landline number +32 71 96 08 83. But, if it's concern Wikimedia, and to allow other users of the project to stay informed of my exchanges, it is also preferable to contact me via my talk page, or better yet, by notifying me anywhere on talk pages by writing the link « [[user:Lionel Scheepmans|Lionel Scheepmans]] ». I will be happy to reply to reply for help, exchange of knowledge, discussion about my work, or what ever.
Wishing you great discoveries in the universe Wikimedia,
P.-S. I'm French native speaker, and apologize for misspelling also due to dysorthographic trouble. Please don't judge me on basis of this, however, do not hesitate to correct my writings. The wiki environment lends itself perfectly and I will be very grateful for it.
Son of a laborer father and an independent mother, I was born in Nivelles in January 1969 to join a humanity witch is already doubled to staffing since my birthday. Originally from Frasnes-lez-Gosselies, the live gave me the opportunity to live in different places in Belgium and the rest of the world.
Originally trained as a technician in forestry, I then approached by my studies or following various professional experience, areas of tropical agriculture, mapping, animation and aeronautics. I had thereafter an artistic career in the fields of music, circus and theater just before returning to university studies at 38 years old.
These studies began with BA in Sociology anthropology, whose first two years were made at the Université libre de Bruxelles and the third at the University of Coimbra . I then continued my education with a master's degree in anthropology from two years performed at the Université catholique de Louvain.
After my college graduation, I deepened my knowledge of video editing and politics field. I was active in the Pirate Party of Belgium for almost three years before realizing that the Belgian political context does not allow me to develop respect for my ideals and a certain ethic of democracy. Following this experience, I developed a reflection throught a personal independent studies named Trilogie pour un monde juste et sain then get involved more actively in community projects and father's life. More recently, in June 2016, my personal thoughts I've finished a University Certificate in Economic and Social Ethics witch give me the opportunity to precise personal convictions in theoretical field. Finally, since July 2017, after a short period of full-time engagement in the NGO Louvain Cooperation, I joined the Laboratory of Prospective Anthropology as a doctoral student to carry out my work on my thesis under the working title: Understanding the globalized society and the impact of digital technology through the Wikimedia movement.
Within the mouvement wikimedia, I am particularly interested in anthropological, ethical and political issues. Active on Wikiversity where I publish all my work, while intervening in the management of the site, from 2015, as administrator and more recently to be at the initiative of a Laboratory of study of the Wikimedia movement. My contributions to the foundation's other projects are more modest and are made as I read. At the beginning of 2013 and following my participation in Wikimania 2014, I started to take an increasing interest in off line Wikimedia activities and finally became founding member of the association Wikimedia Belgium within which I am board member since 2017.
- Wikimedia Education Project Management (July 2019).
- Wikimedia chapter board member training (April 2019).
- Administrator in French-speaking Wikiversity (since October 2015).
Activity report within projects
- Global account information
- Global user contribution
- Wikiscan fr.wikipedia
- Files importation on Wikimedia Commons.
Publications about Wikimedia Movement
- What the Wikimedia movement teaches us about human beings and global society: PhD thesis (2017- ... ).
- Are the Wikimedia projects really exceptions in the hyper-centralisation of the Web? (in progress).
- Statistical analysis of Wikimedia-l mailing list archive (2018 in progress).
- Wikipedia, une démocratie à deux vitesses ? (2017) : preparatory notes for a debate in the catholic University of Louvain.
- Statistical analysis of Wikimedia individual engagement grants : (in progress).
- Statistical analysis of Wikimedia foundation financial reports (2017).
- Dérives éthiques au sein du mouvement Wikimédia (read on Google translate): ethical essay about Wikimedia Movement (2016).
- Pour une économie plus juste au sein du mouvement Wikimédia (read on Google translate): essay about ethical economy within Wikimedia Movement (2016).
- Is anonymity for Wikipedia contributors desirable or not?: essay about anonymity desirability on Wikipedia (2016).
- Wikipedia, media of western cultural colonization (read on Google translate): essay about Wikipedia and cultural colonization (2016).
- Questions of democracy and social responsibility within Wikipedia: essay about social responsibilities and drifting linked to the iron law of democracy within Wikipedia (2016).
- Culture fr.wikipedia (read on Google translate): Monography about active users community on French Wikipedia project (2011).
- A wikimedian explorer in Cape Verde: Wikimedia user analyze and workshop report in Cape Verde (2015, Work in progress).
- A wikipedian explorer in south of India: Wikimedia user analyze and workshop report in India (2015).
- An analysis of Wikimedia organizations as they are off line and on line: Essay and participation report about Wikimania London (2014).
On Wikimedia Foundation's blog
- Wikimedia CH/Micro Grant/Plug Kiwix pour FOSDEM et Wikimedia Belgium (2015).
- Grants:PEG/WM BE/Budget 2015 H1 (2014)
- Wikimedia France/Micro-financement/Demande/Atelier du mois de la contribution francophone à Pondichéry: budget to organize a french mounth of contribution in Ponichery (2014).
- Wikimedia France/Micro-financement/Demande/location local et projecteur pour un atelier wikipédia à Charleroi (Belgique): budget to organize a French month of contribution in Charleroi (2014).
- Transport and accommodation to attend the Wikipedia meal in Paris on March 26, 2019.
- Project/Rapid/Lionel Scheepmans/Mois de la contribution Belgique 2018 : organisation of workshops during the month of the Francophone contribution in Belgium.
- Project/Rapid/Lionel Scheepmans/Wiki 4 Coop : Wikimedian in residence on Louvain Cooperation NGO.
- Wiki 4 Coop : Collaboration project between Wikimedia movement and Belgian cooperation stakeholders.
- Grants:IdeaLab/Karma system: Project for dealing with harassement within on line wikimedia projects (2016).
- Grants:IEG/Outreach and partnership with University of Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium) (2015).
- Grants:TPS/Lionel Scheepmans/A wikimedian explorer in Cape Verde (2015).
- Wikimedia Belgium board member (since 2018).
Talks and debates about Wikimedia movement
Outside the Wikimedia movement
- Révolution numérique : les enseignements du mouvement, prospective anthropological laborlatory of UCLouvain's seminar (mars 2018).
- Wikipédia, une démocratie à deux vitesses ?, conference in catholic University of Louvain (November 2017).
- Une petite histoire Libre, Éducalibre (May 2015).
- Derrière Wikipédia, une communauté et des outils peu connus, Digital Campus ICT Forum (2012).
- Speaker during the meeting between Jimmy Wales UCLouvain's students, Université catholique de Louvain (Febuary 2016).
- Comment l'évolution d'internet influence-t-elle celles de nos communautés et démocraties ? in cultural café "D'autre Mondes" (May 2016).
Within the Wikimedia movement
- Wikimedia projects: a research environment for amateurs & scientists (September 2019).
- How to include oral culture in Wikimédia movement ? (August 2019).
- Wikiversity to the rescue of African knowledge and its lake of secondary source WikiIndaba conference (March 2018).
- Table ronde sur la stratégie du mouvement, Wikimeida French convention (October 2017).
- La révolution numérique vécue par le sud, focus sur le mouvement wikimédia et OpenStreetMap au Ghana, Wikimeida French convention (October 2017).
- Enjeux et intégration des travaux de recherches effectués au sein des projets Wikiversité, Wikimeida French convention (October 2017).
- Wikimédia Les projets Wikimedia comme partenaires pédagogiques, et de collaboration dans votre association, Éducalibre (October 2016).
- The French Wikiversity : presentation, challenges and future prospects (in French), Wikimeida French convention (August 2016).
- Laboratory for the study of Wikimedia motion presentation (June 2019)
- African cultures and the wikimedia movement, technical, ethical and inter-cultural debate (January 2018).
- Statistical analysis of Wikimedia individual engagement grants (January 2018).
- Ethical and social responsibility questions about Wikimedia movement (in French) (April 2016).
Activities in Belgium
- French Wikimedia contribution workshop in Namur (March 2019)
- Wikimedia movement presentation during the 8th meeting of VolonTERRE d'asile association (March 2019).
- Jury and French speaker during the photo contest award ceremony of Wiki Loves Heritage 2018 (December 2018).
- General Assembly and beginning of the term of Wikimedia Belgium board member (April 2018).
- French Wikimedia contribution workshop in Louvain-la-Neuve (March 2018).
- French Wikimedia contribution workshop in Charleroi (March 2018).
- French Wikimedia contribution workshop in Walcourt (March 2018).
- French Wikimedia contribution workshop in Gembloux (March 2017).
- French Wikimedia contribution workshop in Louvain-la-Neuve (March 2017).
- Kiwix workshop for Éducalibre (October 2016).
- General assembly of Wikimedia Belgium (January 2016).
- Just for the record, funded by the Wikimedia foundation (January 2016).
- Workshop Wikipedia for Mons 2015 (May 2015).
- Projects Day Wikimedia Belgium (Febuary 2015).
- Stand Wikipedia FOSDEM (January 2015).
- First Wikimedia Belgium general assembly (January 2015).
- French Wikimedia contribution workshop in Pondichéry (October 2014).
- French Wikimedia contribution workshop in Charleroi (October 2014).
- Creation of Wikimedia Belgium (October 2014).
- Stand Wikipedia FOSDEM (Febuary 2014).
- French Wikimedia contribution workshop in Charleroi (October 2013).
- French Wikimedia contribution workshop in Brussels (October 2013).
Activities outside Belgium
- Meals between Wikipedians in Paris (March 2019).
- Conférence WikIndaba in Tunis (March 2018).
- French wikiconvention in Strasbourg (October 2017).
- Wikimania Italia (May 2016).
- Interview for Wikimedia France's blog about French Wikiversity francophone as open pedagogical ressource (March 2016).
- Explorateur wikimedia au Cape Vert (Febuary - April 2015).
- Wikimedian explorer in south of India (October 2014).
- Wikimania London (August 2014).