2015-01-24 Board Meeting
- Date: January 24, 2015
- Time: 14h00 - 18h00
- Venue: Avenue du Pérou 80 Perulaan, B1000 Brussels
- Present: Afernand74, DerekvG, Geertivp, MADe, M0tty, Romaine
- Excused: Dimi_z
- Members: Lionel Scheepmans, Smile4ever, SPQRobin, Oreo Priest, Ste.caneva, Smiley.toerist
- Agenda for the Board Meeting on 24 January 2015
This board meeting was open to our effective members. It was held after the 2015-01-24 General Assembly.
See 2015-01-24 General Assembly
Organisation of Micro Project Financing
M0tty explained the mechanism of the Micro grant.
Overview of planned activities 2015
On 4 February 2014 we will organise the firt Project Days meeting for institutions and personal projects. It will be repeated every 6 months.
- Talking about Wikimedia presence during FOSDEM 2015 (FOSDEM 2015 public website).
Wikimedia members are encouraged to book two hour of presence at the Wikimedia stand.
Wiki Loves Art
Spinster and Romaine had a session in Antwerp with a number of musea. They felt that Belgian musea are a bit hesitating as to allow uploading of free content. It was proposed to work closely together with Packed, Eurpeania, and Creative Commons Belgium. Instead of we going to the musea, it would be better if the musea would request our involvement. One participating museum could trigger other musea' involvement.
- Learn to know the museum
- Learn to know Wikimedia Belgium, and Wikipedia
- Collect good pictures (into Commons)
- Musea could set a maximum picture resolution
- Limiting the number of participating musea (effort, coordination, communication)
- Could require a lot of work
- We do not have a paid employee yet...
- Agree on the GFDL or CC BY-SA license
- Musea could want some service in return: article, publication on paper, etc.
- It is (technically) difficult to take good pictures (light, reflection, other objects, etc.)
- Musea could have free advertising via Wikipedia articles (Google Search!)
We have still to discuss a lot about licenses, organisation, community, responsibilities, foundation involvement.
Romaine had an editing session at the European Commission.
Ste.caneva proposed some possibility here (Joris Spechel?)
Cycling Press License
Afernand74 proposed a press license to report on cycling activities.
- M0tty proposed Wikipedia training in: Mundaneum, Mons 2015, UCL
- Lionel has prepared training material on fr:Wikipédia:Présentation
Discussion on intern and external communication
See also Usage of Wikimedia web sites
Activity discussion pages on the website.
- Use of mailing list
- Use and organization of different communication channels
An open discussion will enhance the transparency.