This page is intended to contain all grants related to Wikimedia in Belgium. It does not matter if a grant was submitted under the flag of Wikimedia Belgium or not. Mentioning a grant request on this page is solely for having an overview (for transparency), and does not mean Wikimedia Belgium does support or does not support the request.
|Grant period ended||Grant completed||Report(s)||Notes|
|Start-up Grant WMBE||Dimi z & MADe||-||PEG||2013-04-04||completed||2013-04-10||2015-03-18||interim, report|
|Project: Wiki Loves Monuments in Belgium & Luxembourg 2013||MADe||page||PEG||2013-06-13||completed||2013-07-09||2014-08-18||report|
|Project: Wiki Loves Monuments in Belgium & Luxembourg 2014||Romaine||page||PEG||2014-09-17||completed||2014-09-24||2015-02-12||report||WMBE was founded after this project was started and funded|
|WMBE 2015-1||MADe & DerekvG for WMBE||-||PEG||2015-01-02||completed||2015-02-20||2016-01-12||report||remaining funds|
|Project: Just For The Record||Lfurter, MMelvaer, Sarah magnan, Léonie Butler||page||PEG||2015-03-30||completed||2015-05-21||2016-06-13||report|
|Project: Wiki Loves Art in Belgium 2016||Romaine & DerekvG as part of WMBE||page + seminar||PEG||2015-05-26||completed||2015-08-19||2017-06-30||2017-08-02||interim1, interim2, interim3, report||change|
|Project: Outreach and partnership with University of Louvain-la-Neuve||Lionel Scheepmans||-||IEG||2015-09-28||not funded||-||-||-||-|
|WMBE 2015-2||MADe & DerekvG for WMBE||-||PEG||2015-11-16||withdrawn||-||-||-||-|
|WMBE 2016-1||MADe & DerekvG for WMBE||-||PEG||2015-12-19||withdrawn||-||-||-||-|
|WMBE 2016-1: Public facing Activities||MADe & DerekvG for WMBE||-||PEG||2015-12-19||completed||2016-01-11||2016-12-31||2016-12-22||report||Remaining funds reallocated to WMBE 2017 grant|
|Project: Just For The Record||Lfurter, Léonie Butler, MMelvaer & Sarah magnan||page/page||IEG||2016-04-12||not funded||-||-||-||-|
|Project: Wiki Loves Monuments in Belgium & Luxembourg 2016||Ste.caneva & Romaine for WMBE||page||PEG||2016-05-24||completed||2016-06-22||2017-02-28||2017-07-25||interim, report||Remaining funds partly reallocated to WLPS2017 grant (€ 1700), rest returning to WMF|
|WMBE 2017: Public facing activities||Romaine & Geertivp for WMBE||-||Project||2016-10-11||completed||2016-12-16||2018-02-28||2018-12-07||interim, report||report 26 March 2018 submitted, approval delay at WMF, remaining funds returned to WMF|
|Project: Wiki 4 Coop/1||Louvain Coopération||-||Project||2017-03-15||not funded||-||-||-||-|
|Project: Wiki 4 Coop||Louvain Coopération||-||Rapid||2017-04-18||not funded||-||-||-||-|
|Project: Wiki Loves Public Space 2017||Romaine for WMBE||page||Rapid||2017-06-12||completed||2017-06-26||2018-02-28||2018-12-07||report||report 28 March 2018 submitted, approval delay at WMF, remaining funds returned to WMF|
|WMBE 2018||Romaine & Geertivp for WMBE||annual plan
budget & resource
|sAPG||2017-10-27||completed||2018-02-07||2019-01-31||2019-01-30||midpoint report & midpoint spending overview + final report & spending overview||9 July 2017 intention for application submitted, 400 euro extra approved for 2018, costs January 2019 (€ 399,10) from continguency, remaining funds (1100 - 399,10 = 700,90) reallocated as extra continguency to WMBE 2019 grant|
|Project: Mois de la contribution Belgique 2018||Lionel Scheepmans||page||Rapid||2018-02-16||not funded||-||-||-||-|
|WMBE 2019||Romaine & Geertivp for WMBE||annual plan
budget & resource
|sAPG||2018-10-30||completed||2019-01-29||2019-12-31||2020-01-30||report||start grant: |
|WMBE 2020||Geertivp||annual plan
budget & resource
|WMBE 2021||Geertivp||annual plan
budget & resource
|WMBE 2022||Geertivp||annual plan
budget & resource
Since the start of Wikimedia Belgium, we got funded through project grants, until we had grown to large and had to switch to Simple Annual Plan Grants (sAPG) for 2018. During the periods we had project grants, we could have multiple grants during the year. Since WMBE is in sAPG, Wikimedia Belgium can have only one grant active at the time.
Wikimedia and its projects, as well as many other projects to enrich Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia platforms, are often funded with grants from the Wikimedia Foundation. The process of the steps in a grant request are usually as follows:
- It starts with a project idea and forming a team, or an annual plan and budget and resource plan.
- Writing a grant proposal, including a budget, and submitted to the granting party (like the Wikimedia Foundation).
- Grant proposal is reviewed and if everything is okay approved, and funds are received in one or multiple portions, and the project starts.
- Depending on the length of the period of the grant, one or multiple interim report(s) can be required, often midterm.
- After the completion of the project, the receipts for every cost must be send to the granting party and a final grant report has to be submitted including metrics and a description of the costs.
- Remaining funds have to be reallocated or returned to the granting party.
- The grant has been completed when all these steps have been taken and the grant party approves and accepts the final report.
- Please note that certain dates are not the actual date, but the only date to be found in the edit history of requests and reports. If this difference is large a note can be added.
- Sorted by date of submission or setting infobox status to
- Notes for giving a better understanding can be added to the Notes column.
In 2015-2016 the grants system of the Wikimedia Foundation changed. In July 2016 the system for PEG grants changed and became Project grants.
|TPS||Travel and participation Support||Grants program from the Wikimedia Foundation for travel expenses for Wikimedian volunteers who present about Wikimedia at non-Wikimedia events||2011 - 30 April 2018||m:Grants:TPS|
|IEG||Individual Engagement Grants||Grants program from the Wikimedia Foundation for individuals||Until 2015||m:Grants:IEG|
|PEG||Project and Event Grants||Grants program from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects and events||Until 2016||m:Grants:PEG|
|Project||Project Grants program||Grants program from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects for USD 2000 or more||Active since 2016||m:Grants:Project|
|Rapid||Rapid Grants||Grants program from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects for up to USD 2000||Active since May 2016||m:Grants:Project/Rapid|
|Simple APG (sAPG)||Simple Annual Plan Grant||For smaller chapters||Active since 2016||m:Grants:Simple APG|
|APG (FDC)||Annual Plan Grant||For bigger chapters||Active since 2016||m:Grants:APG|
|Wikimedia Community Fund||Community Fund||For all affiliates||Active since 2022||m:Grants:Programs/Wikimedia Community Fund|
- draft - in preparation status
- proposal - if IEG=proposed, PEG=open, Project=proposed, Simple APG=application under review, thus open for public review
- funded - the grant request has been approved and has received/will receive funds (incl. partially funded) and is currently still active, status starting with IEG=selected, PEG=funded, Project=selected
- completed - project has been funded and has completely finished, including (all) report(s) written and possible remaining funds have been relocated/returned
- withdrawn - when a grant request has been withdrawn
- not funded - when a grant request has been rejected (or IEG/Project: not selected)