Wiki Loves Monuments/2013
Wiki Loves Monuments is a photography contest organised in Belgium & Luxembourg and is part of the international contest of Wiki Loves Monuments in multiple countries. In 2013 the contest is organised for the 3rd time in Belgium & Luxembourg.
The purpose of the contest is to ask the public to take photos of cultural heritage and upload it on Wikimedia Commons. In this way we make our heritage visible to the public, enrich Wikipedia with photos to illustrate the articles, and to supply a way for the public to help improve Wikipedia.
History and background
In 2010 Wiki Loves Monuments was organised for the first time in the Netherlands. In 2011 the contest was organised in multiple European countries, including Belgium and Luxembourg. Also in 2012 the contest was organised in Belgium & Luxembourg.
- Michiel Hendryckx, professional photographer for "De Standaard",
- Luc Viatour, one of the most active quality photographer on Wikipedia, with almost 700 "featured images"
- Maarten Jacobs, works with HERITA vzw
- Marc Ryckaert, former head of the heritage department (province of West-Flanders)
- Dirk Van Esbroeck, 30 years amateur photographer and member of the "Bond Verantwoorde Natuurfotografie" and "Fotoclub KunstLigt" in Wachtebeke
Partners / sponsors
- Agentschap Onroerend Erfgoed (VIOE)
- Institut du Patrimoine Wallon
- Brussels Capital Region
- 13 June 2013 - Grant request submitted
- 9 July 2013 - Grant request approved
- 30 August 2013 - Publication: Persbericht Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 georganiseerd in België en Luxemburg
- 1-30 September 2013 - Contest period Wiki Loves Monuments 2013
- 7 September 2013 - 19:00 - kick-off meeting at the Sint-Gorikshallen / Halles Saint-Géry (Brussels). Meet fellow contestants, hear tips and tricks from people who participated last year. Learn how to upload and process the images.
- 28 September 2013 - upload marathon at Waterhuis aan de Bierkant (Gent). Upload the last images before the end of September. Closing drink just after midnight.
- Mid October 2013 - Judging session
- 5 November 2013 - 19:00 - Award ceremony at the KIK-IRPA, close by Jubelpark / Cinquantenaire (Brussels) (photos)
- Images from Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 in Belgium
- Images from Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 in Luxembourg
- Photos uploaded
- 3206 photos of Belgium
- 253 photos of Luxembourg
- 3459 photos in total
- 125 participants with photos from Belgium
- 12 participants with photos from Luxembourg
- 135 participants with photos
- Wiki Loves Monuments
- Website of Wiki Loves Monuments in Belgium & Luxembourg
- Website of Wiki Loves Monuments international
- Commons:Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 in Belgium & Luxembourg
Announcements and notices
- ( 30 August 2011 - ) Persbericht Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 georganiseerd in België en Luxemburg
- ( Openmonumentendag.be, August 2013, ) Doe mee aan Wiki Loves Monuments