Mois de la contribution 2018
The Belgian part of the Mois de la contribution 2018 (English: month of contributions) or Mois internationale de la contribution Francophone 2018 that takes place in the period 1 to 31 march 2018, is documented on this page.
The International Francophone Contribution Month or "Mois international de la contribution francophone" is a series of workshops organized in March across the Francophonie (areas in the world that speak French) to improve Wikimedia projects in French. Contributors meet each others in various places and invite the local population to learn about the French edition of Wikipedia and its sister platforms. Workshops can take many forms, take place in various locations and address topics chosen by the organiser; that can be it a training workshop for citizens, a photographic walk to illustrate regional articles, transcribe texts from Wikisource, etc.
History and background
The Mois de la contribution has been organised since 2013 on the French Wikipedia in various places around the French speaking countries.
- Musée L (Louvain-la-Neuve)
- 1-31 March 2018 - Mois de la contribution 2018
- 6 March 2018 - Edit-a-thon in Musée L in Louvain-la-Neuve (activity page | photos)
- 26 March 2018 - CANCELLED: Edit-a-thon in Charleroi (activity page)
- 29 March 2018 - Edit-a-thon in Walcourt (activity page)
The metrics and statistics of this project are:
- Number of people present with an activity: 4 (Louvain-la-Neuve) + 0 (Charleroi) + 6 (Walcourt)
- Number of newly registered users: 0 + ...
- Number of content pages created/improved: 1 article + 9 photos + ...
- Number of edit-a-thons and workshops: 3 + guided tour through Musée L
- Wikipédia:Mois de la contribution 2018, general project page on the French Wikipedia