- Detailed, daily Income and expense register (by bank account, cash register, category) -> Formulier A (Internal and for control by authorities)
- Overview of income and expenses -> Formulier B
- Balance sheet (could be run at any time if bookkeeping is in sync) -> Formulier C
Transactions must reflect reality. Therefore it could be needed to book provisions (e.g. late invoices related to a large project, delayed projects, promised funding and grants, grants to be returned, early grants).
- Header: identification of the organisation as per the statutes, the book year, book year end-date, reference to General Assembly (date)
- Income and expense overview
- Income and expense ventilation (by subcategory)
- (simplified) Balance sheet
- General ledger principles (en toelichting)
You can create it with Excel (one sheet for each of the sections, in landscape)
- Store it electronically.
You better also create a PDF document (non-repudiation). You will need it as attachment to the (electronic) tax declaration.
To be approved by the General assembly. Prepare and publish the document before the GA so the members can review it.
- A printed version need to be deposited for small VZW at the Commercial tribunal; for big VZW at the Balanscentrale van de Nationale Bank.
Print single-side; prepare 2 copies for the administration. A board member should write his full name and sign once on the first page. You can send the documents by post. If you deposit the document personally, you immediately get a copy with a receipt confirmation stamp.
Tip: if you have changes to the statutes, then you can perform all administrative activities at the same time (efficient working...)
- Small VZW need to upload the PDF copy to BIZTAX
Data entry timing
Strict (yearly) timing is needed. Otherwise financial (government) penalties can apply.
Before end of March of the next year, you need to declare and pay the Taks tot vergoeding der successierechten (balance smaller/larger than 25.000 EUR).
- General ledger
- Yearly balance sheet
- VSDC vzw Review, maart-april 2022, nr. 200, p. 5-6