Income and expense
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Income and expense are critical for an organisation.
An aggregated report is a mandatory part of the financial statements.
- Gather the electronic bank statements in Excel
- Split debit and credit
- Source: bank transactions in Excel format (per year)
- Split into tables: debit (negative) and credit (positive)
- Allocate by transaction type (code)
- Pivot by (activity) type
- Aggregate by source / destination
- For the transaction types, be as specific as possible:
- membership fee, gift, grants, contributions, (outgoing) invoices, credit note
- admin, mobile data, web sites, telecom, publications, activities, room, food, drinks, travel, hotel, material, provisions