Wikimedia Belgium is an association with members and thus has a General Assembly. The General Assembly is the highest organ of WMBE. It is organised at least once a year. The minutes of meeting (statute updates) and financial statements are officially transferred to the Belgian Government.
Checklist for General Assembly
- Board of Directors grants full membership to present associate members.
- Activities report on previous year
- General assembly approves financial report.
- Discharge of board
- Budget and plans for next year
For your information, we include an overview of the responsibilities of the General Assembly:
- Article 23
The General Assembly is exclusively competent for:
- Amending the Articles of association; official version only in Dutch
- Appointing and dismissing the directors, Board members
- Appointing and dismissing auditors and determining their remuneration, in case a remuneration is granted,
- Granting discharge to the directors and auditors,
- Approving the annual accounts, yearly budget and general ledger
- The voluntary dissolution of the association,
- Converting the association into a company with a social purpose,
- Any matter concerning the membership of the association, disciplinary matters concerning effective members and associate members, membership management, membership fee, vote upon Internal rules of procedure
- Authorising persons who hold both the office of director and are hired employees of the association;
- All cases where this is so required by these Articles of Association.
Previous General Assemblies
- 28 January 2017 - 4th General Assembly
- 06 July 2016 Extraordinary General Assembly
- 23 January 2016 - 2nd General Assembly
- 24 January 2015 - 1st General Assembly