2018-04-14 General Assembly
General Assembly (GA) of Wikimedia Belgium vzw/asbl
- Date: Saturday 14 April 2018 at 13h
- WTC Tower 1 - 25th floor (Office "Constant")
- Boulevard Albert II / Koning Albert II-laan 30
- (entrance: Rue Willem De Molstraat)
- B-1210 Brussels
Here you can indicate that you plan to attend this General Assembly. Effective members who will not be present can give a proxy to another member via wmbewikimedia.org
Excused (if you'd like to come but unfortunately can't make it):
Annual Accounts 2017
We received from WMF a grant of 16.500 € for 2018.
- A mandate as Board member is valid for 2 years
- The Chairman needs to be re-elected every year
- The number of Board members is between 3-6; Board decision 2015-12-05 approved at the 2016-01-23 General Assembly
- Only effective members have voting rights for the General assembly
- Only effective members can become a Board member only after being candidate and after election
- Associate members can become effective member by approval of the Board
Can continue their 2nd year Board member without re-election:
- Romaine (Treasurer)
- Alberto Fernandez (National Liaison)
Up for re-election:
- Geert Van Pamel (Chairman)
- Robin Pepermans (Secretary)
Prefers to step back as board member:
- Loraine Furter (Gender and diversity)
We welcome other candidate Board members.
Board members are expected to be active for the Association. They fulfill their role in collaboration and agreement with the other board members and the chairman. They have legal and moral obligations and responsibilities towards the Belgian Government, the Wikimedia Foundation, our members, and the general public.
For 2018, we want to continue to grow as Wikimedia Belgium. We received sufficient funding to organise new activities. We want to use this opportunity to explicitly call for volunteers who would be interested in organising activities or projects, and can use financial and logical support by Wikimedia Belgium for this. So we strongly encourage you to show up to our General Assembly, whether you have an idea to organise or not!
Minutes of the General Assembly
As board members
- Geert Van Pamel
- Alberto Fernandez
- Robin Pepermans (+ representation for Maarten)
As effective members
As associate members
- Paul Hermans
- Lotje's friend
- Vinciane L.
- Geert Van Pamel and Robin Pepermans are re-elected unanimously;
- Lionel Scheepmans and .Anja. are elected as board members unanimously;
- Geert Van Pame is also re-elected as the Chairman of the association unanimously.
- WMBE bought a 4 G internet access router.
- A process about money distribution by Wikimedia Belgium to the projects and members is in draft.
- What's agreement between the Wikimedia Foundation, Wikimedia Belgium and the Wikimedia projects ? Informations on the following pages :
- How can we deal with the link to donation page on the wiki website of Wikimedia Belgium ? This links is currently pointing to the website of the foundation. Maybe pointing this link to the account of Wikimedia Belgium, like on wikimedia.nl?
- Can we know the amount of donation made by people from Belgium to the Foundation? Information :
- Wikimedia Belgium annual grant application 2018 issues. The budget for translation and meeting was rejected arguing unacceptable reasons. We are thinking about possible reactions.