Wiki Loves Heritage 2020
|Click here to see the main site Wiki Loves Heritage 2020|
Wiki Loves Heritage is a yearly photo contest that is a spin-off, and an extension of Wiki Loves Monuments, so that movable, immaterial, maritime heritage, landscapes, and museum collections are also allowed. It was organised for the first time in 2018 by Wikimedia Belgium.
This page documents the technical side of the photo contest project.
Prize winners Wiki Loves Heritage 2020
From 1 July to 31 October 2020 Wikimedia Belgium organises a photo competition "Wiki Loves Heritage 2020 Belgium". All types of heritage are welcome. There are four goals:
- For the photo hobbyists: a photo contest
- For institutions: the possibility to do content donations
- For Wikimedians: describe objects on Wikidata and Structured data on Commons, write articles on Wikipedia about Belgian heritage
- For the public: discover our heritage
Structured metadata is also be collected for each photo:
- Captions in different languages
- "This is", a Wikidata attribute that indicates what the picture represents
Video is also accepted.
History and background
The project builds further on Wiki Loves Heritage 2018, which built further on the photo contests Wiki Loves Monuments, Wiki Loves Art and Wiki Loves Public Space that were organised in previous years.
- Geertivp for WMBE
- 1 July 2020 - Mailing start of campaign
- 31 October 2020 - End of campaign
- Evaluation by the jury
- 2 February 2021 - Award ceremony Wiki Loves Heritage 2020 (together with the Public Domain Day)
- Commons:Wiki Loves Heritage 2020 in Belgium