Women in Tech edit-a-thon October 2018
This project page is about the Women in Tech edit-a-thon organised in October 2018 in BeCentral in Brussels.
To know which top 50 women should have an article, we used the list with the top 50 women of Forbes at: https://www.forbes.com/top-tech-women-europe/list/
History and background
Research has shown that there are much less articles about women than men, which is called the gendergap. To close this gendergap, over the years many activities have been organised. Also a project group in Brussels focuses on this subject, Just For The Record, and in March 2018 we also organised the GenderGap edit-a-thon in Brussels.
The Women in Tech edit-a-thon has led to the start of the Wiki Club Brussels.
- 15 May 2018 - Meeting with Manon of BeCentral about organising edit-a-thons and monthly edit sessions, in BeCentral, Brussels (Romaine)
- 13 October 2018 - Women in Tech edit-a-thon
The metrics and statistics of this project are:
- Number of people present with an activity: 7
- Number of newly registered users: 5
- Number of content pages created/improved: 7 articles
- Number of edit-a-thons and workshops: 1