Wiki Loves Heritage 2019
|Click here to see the main site Wiki Loves Heritage 2019|
The page below documents the technical side of the photo contest project Wiki Loves Heritage 2019.
From 1 July to 30 November 2019 there is a photo competition "Wiki Loves Heritage 2019 in Belgium".
The project has as theme masterpieces and focuses on movable heritage. The choice for this theme and focus is because many photos where uploaded about immovable heritage, but a lot less about movable heritage. In the photo contest photos of all types of heritage are welcome. There are three goals:
- For the public: a photo contest for the public, open for all heritage, but focussing on movable heritage
- For institutions: the possibility to do content donations
- For everyone: having articles written about Belgian heritage on Wikipedia
From this year on, Wikidata metadata will also be collected for each photo.
- Captions in different languages
- "This is", a Wikidata attribute that indicates what the picture represents
Video is also accepted.
History and background
Last year 4362 photos were taken of which 1152 are in use (24%). There were 249 participants of which 114 were newcomers.
This year we want to exceed those numbers.
- Geertivp for WMBE
- 11 January 2019 - Wiki Loves Heritage evaluation with Flemish partners in Brussels + decision to organise new edition in 2019 (Romaine)
- 11 February 2019 - Preparational meeting for the organising of Wiki Loves Heritage with our Flemish partners (Romaine)
- 1 July 2019 - Start of the campaign (Geertivp)
- Websites, E-mailing, mailinglist, Twitter, Facebook
- FARO advertentie
- Press release
- 30 November 2019 - End of the campaign (Geertivp)
The metrics and statistics of this project are:
- Number of people present with an activity: ... (if multiple activities, please specify per activity)
- Number of newly registered users: ...
- Number of content pages created/improved: ... (preferable specify by wiki, content type and creation/improvement)
- Number of edit-a-thons and workshops: ...
- Number of other activities: ...