Wikimedia Belgium is a vzw/asbl and has the legal requirement that a membership register of all members is kept.
It has to be provided to the government upon request.
You can become member in two ways:
- a normal membership, open to contributors of the Wikimedia projects (like Wikipedia). This membership type is free.
- a supporting membership, open to everybody interested in our organisation. We ask you for your generous yearly donation (min € 20).
Once accepted as member, there is no difference between these two memberships.
The current membership system was approved by the board on 7 December 2014 (minutes).
Types of members
In Wikimedia Belgium three types of members exist
- Board members: are part of the board of directors of Wikimedia Belgium and take care of the daily administration
- Full members or effective members: members that have voting rights in General Assembly
- Associate members: members without voting rights in the General Assembly
An associate member can become an effective member after approval by the board.