Public domain day/2018
This page documents the public domain day event in Brussels in May 2018. See for other years of the event at public domain day.
The purpose of the event is to celebrate that at 1 January new works have entered the public domain (because copyrights expired), as well as to raise awareness of the public domain and the importance of it for our society.
Public Domain Day happens every year on 1 January. The event to celebrate the public domain is also named public domain day and takes place later in the year.
Public domain day is an excellent opportunity to put the works that have become public domain in the spotlight.
In 2018 we have especially attention for the works of the Belgian architect Victor Horta.
History and background
In both 2016 and 2017 public domain day was also celebrated in Brussels.
- Romaine for WMBE
- Generic budget 2018: GLAM program
- 7 March 2018 - Organisational meeting for the public domain day 2018 event (Romaine)
- 26 May 2018 - Public domain day 2018 event
The metrics and statistics of this project are:
- Number of people present with an activity: ...
- Number of newly registered users: ...
- Number of content pages created/improved: ...
- Public domain day article on the English Wikipedia article
- 2018 in public domain article on the English Wikipedia article
Announcements and notices
- Follows later