Musea en Erfgoed Antwerpen
This page describes the project together with the Musea en Erfgoed Antwerpen (MNE).
History and background
Musea en Erfgoed Antwerpen is a department of the city of Antwerp and a group of city museums and heritage organisations. Each institutions has its own director and staff, but some services are centrally organised, like collection management.
The city of Antwerp has developed an open data strategy (source archived / source archived), which ensures digital cultural content on which copyrights have expired are free to use under the model license free re-use Flanders, compatible with CC BY.
- Rubenshuis (Wikidata)
- Museum Mayer van den Bergh (Wikidata)
- Museum Plantin-Moretus (Wikidata)
- Museum Vleeshuis (Wikidata)
- Red Star Line Museum (Wikidata)
- Museum Aan De Stroom (MAS) (Wikidata)
- Middelheim Museum (Wikidata)
- Letterenhuis (Wikidata)
- Erfgoedbibliotheek Hendrik Conscience (Wikidata)
In the city of Antwerp there are also other museums, but these are not part of Musea en Erfgoed Antwerpen, including FOMU Photo Museum (Wikidata) (former provincial museum, now part of De Museumstichting), Fashion Museum Antwerp (Wikidata) (former provincial museum, now part of De Museumstichting), DIVA (Wikidata) (former provincial museum, now part of De Museumstichting), KMSKA (Wikidata) (Flemish museum), and M HKA (Wikidata) (Flemish museum).
- 27 November 2014 - Meeting about collaboration with digital collections with Museum Plantin-Moretus, Antwerp (Sandra Fauconnier, Romaine, Barbara (Packed vzw))
- July-August 2016 - Participating in the photo contest Wiki Loves Art by Erfgoedbibliotheek Hendrik Conscience (info)
- 24 January 2017 - Meeting with Musea en Erfgoed Antwerpen Antwerpen about collaboration (Romaine)
- 13 March 2018 - Meeting with Musea en Erfgoed Antwerpen about collaboration (Romaine)
- 9 May 2018 - Working session to prepare the public domain day event 2018, at office of ModeMuseum Antwerpen in Antwerp, including staff from Musea en Erfgoed Antwerpen (info)
- 16 November 2018 - Meeting with Middelheim Museum in Antwerp about content donation and activities (info) (Romaine)
The metrics and statistics of this project are:
- Number of people present with an activity: ... (if multiple activities, please specify per activity)
- Number of newly registered users: ...
- Number of content pages created/improved: ... (preferable specify by wiki, content type and creation/improvement)
- Number of edit-a-thons and workshops: ...
- Number of other activities: ...
- Collection of the institutions in DAMS, the digital asset management system