Writing weeks German-speaking Community 2018
This page documents the writing weeks about the German-speaking Community in December 2018.
Because the German-speaking Community of Belgium is in several Wikipedias only limited described, we organise these writing weeks to fill this part of the Belgiumgap.
History and background
During the project of the Monuments German-speaking Community when we checked for monuments having an article in Wikipedia and noticed not only many monuments have no article, also many other subjects are missing. In line with earlier writing weeks, including the Brussels writing weeks in 2016 and 2017, we organise new writing weeks about this area.
- 8 November 2018 - Start with the organisation of the writing weeks
- 26 November 2018 - Visiting venues and places in Eupen and surrounding area in preparation of the writing weeks German-speaking Community 2018 (Romaine)
- 10-21 December 2018 - Double writing weeks about the German-speaking Community of Belgium
- 15 December 2018 - Edit-a-thon in Eupen
The metrics and statistics of this project are:
- Number of participants in writing weeks:
- Number of people present with an activity: ... (if multiple activities, please specify per activity)
- Number of newly registered users: ...
- Number of content pages created/improved: ... (preferable specify by wiki, content type and creation/improvement)
- Number of edit-a-thons and workshops: ...
- Project page in the Dutch Wikipedia
- Project page in the French Wikipedia
- Project page on Meta
- Project page on the German Wikipedia
- Project page on the Italian Wikipedia
Announcements and notices
- ( ) Schreibwoche Deutschsprachige Gemeinschaft in Belgien, Kurier, 29 November 2018
- ( ) Schreibwoche Deutschsprachige Gemeinschaft in Belgien 2018, Edit-a-Thon Eupen, WP:Aachen, 29 November 2018
- ( ) Wikipedia:Edit-a-thon