Monuments German-speaking Community
This project page describes the actions around the monuments of the German-speaking Community in Belgium.
To have all protected monuments of the German-speaking Community added to Wikidata with their monument identifier, photographs of each monument on Wikimedia Commons and articles written in Wikipedia.
History and background
Since 2010 the photo contest Wiki Loves Monuments is organised, since 2011 also in Belgium. Participants search for the specific monument they have photographed in the lists of monuments. The data of these lists is also available in the monuments database. Based on this monuments database various tools/bots are running. With the Wiki Loves Monuments team meeting in February 2017 it was decided to move the contents of the monuments database step by step to Wikidata.
In Belgium the monuments of Brussels already have been imported in Wikidata. The monuments from the Flemish Region and Walloon Region are still to be imported.
On top of this, the German-speaking Community has taken over the responsibility for the cultural heritage monuments in their area.
In December 2018 we organised the Writing weeks German-speaking Community 2018.
- 27 September 2018 - Request for property on Wikidata of IDs of monuments of German-speaking Community (proposal)
- 5 October 2018 - Property created on Wikidata for IDs of monuments of German-speaking Community (proposal | property)
- 14-16 October 2018 - Import data of all monuments in Wikidata, creating new and expanding existing ones
- 14-16 October 2018 - Matching old identifiers with new identifiers + adding them to Dutch monument lists
- 18 October 2018 - Photo tour through area to take photos of monuments (Romaine)
- 22 October 2018 - Photo tour through area to take photos of monuments (Romaine)
- 5 November 2018 - Conversion of 458x monument identifier template on Wikimedia Commons (from Monument Wallonie to Monuments German speaking community of Belgium)
- 5 November 2018 - Conversion of the monument lists to the monument identifiers of the German-speaking Community (header | row)
- 9 November 2018 - Photo tour through area to take photos of monuments (Romaine)
The metrics and statistics of this project are:
- Number of content pages created/improved: 194 on Wikidata, 40 on Wikipedia, 3003 on Commons
- Number of monuments: 194 monuments
- Category:Cultural heritage monuments of German speaking community of Belgium - main monuments category on Commons
- Website with cultural heritage monuments of German-speaking Community
- Item on Wikidata: cultural monument of the German-speaking Community of Belgium
- Usage of property P5942
- Query of all items with monument ID
- ( ) "Historische dag voor de Duitstalige Gemeenschap", VRT NWS