This page documents the collaboration and education program with the Erasmushogeschool in Brussels.
The purpose of the collaboration is to have a Wikipedia education program in what students write articles in Wikipedia as assignment. In addition to this students can upload images to Wikimedia Commons and the articles will also be added to Wikidata.
History and background
In the Spring of 2019 the collaboration started with two groups of students.
- Romaine for WMBE
- 11 February 2019 - Meeting with Erasmushogeschool Brussel to start Wikipedia classes this month (project page) (Romaine)
- 18 February 2019 - Start education program at Erasmushogeschool in Brussels and two groups of students got an introduction in Wikipedia and started editing (project page) (Romaine)
- 24 April 2019 - Feedback provided on articles written by the students of the Erasmushogeschool (Romaine)
The metrics and statistics of this project are:
- Number of people present with an activity:
- 18 February: 22 students + teacher
- Number of newly registered users:
- 18 February: 23
- Number of content pages created/improved:
- Spring 2019: 21 articles + 21 on Wikidata
- Number of edit-a-thons and workshops:
- Spring 2019: 2: one intro session, two feedback sessions