OpenRefine is a powerful tool to manipulate and prepare data to be uploaded to Wikidata.
Multiple plugins exist. You can import and export data from and to multiple formats.
It is more powerful than Excel, but a bit more difficult to use.
Download the zip file. Unzip. Install the JRE (Java Run-tine Environment).
Close the DOS window.
- Data import (multiple targets)
- Cleanup: merge data, detect and correct outliers
- Transform: split strings into columns
- Reconcile: get ID data from e.g. Wikidata
- Enrich: get additional data by ID from external databases
- Data export (multiple targets)