Amnesty edit-a-thon May 2018
This page documents the edit-a-thon at Amnesty International Vlaanderen in May 2018.
The edit-a-thon (Wikipedia writing session) is organised to describe women and/or people from minority groups on Wikipedia and give them in this way a face.
History and background
Research has shown that there are much less articles about women than men, which is called gendergap. To close this gendergap, over the years many activities have been organised. Also minority groups have been less well described.
During this weekend of Saturday and Sunday 19 and 20 May in multiple countries at Amnesty International offices edit-a-thons are organised.
- General 2018 budget: GLAM program
- 30 May 2018 - Amnesty International Vlaanderen communicates the edit-a-thon
- 3 May 2018 - Sending uit invitation to edit-a-thon at Amnesty International Vlaanderen headquarters (in Dutch only) (invitation)
- 20 May 2018 - Edit-a-thon at office Amnesty International Vlaanderen, Waversesteenweg 169, 1050 Brussels
The metrics and statistics of this project are:
- Number of people present with an activity:
- Registered: 11 people + 3 from Amnesty International Vlaanderen + 1 experienced user to help/explain
- Present: 14
- Number of newly registered users: 11 people
- Number of content pages created/improved: 7 new articles, 1 improved article, 1 new item on Wikidata, 6 Wikidata-items improved
- Category:Amnesty International Belgium on Wikimedia Commons
- Amnesty’s edit-a-thon page on the Dutch Wikipedia
- meta:Amnesty and Wikipedia - international edit-a-thon page
- The edit-a-thon on the Outreach Dashboard