Wiki Loves Monuments/2011
Wiki Loves Monuments is a photography contest organised in Belgium & Luxembourg and is part of the international contest of Wiki Loves Monuments in multiple countries. In 2011 the contest is organised for the 1st time in Belgium & Luxembourg.
The purpose of the contest is to ask the public to take photos of cultural heritage and upload it on Wikimedia Commons. In this way we make our heritage visible to the public, enrich Wikipedia with photos to illustrate the articles, and to supply a way for the public to help improve Wikipedia.
History and background
In 2010 Wiki Loves Monuments was organised for the first time in the Netherlands only. In 2011 the contest was organised in multiple European countries, including Belgium and Luxembourg.
- Dirk Van Esbroeck, user on Wikipedia. He's for 30 years an amateur photographer, and member of the " " (Alliance for Responsible Nature Photography) and " " in Wachtebeke.
- Tijl Vereenooghe, the manager of . Just as the picture contest Wiki Loves Monuments collects this website pictures of the Flemish cultural heritage.
- Michiel Hendryckx, a news photographer and Flemish television personality. He made television programs "De bende van Wim" and "Het Bourgondisch complot". ( )
- Luc Viatour, one of the most active users of Wikimedia Commons. He made dozens of pictures that are awarded as Featured Pictures (overview).
- Hans Denis, a photographer linked to the Flemish government. He has years of experience in photographing monuments.
Partners / sponsors
- Agentschap Onroerend Erfgoed (VIOE)
- Institut du Patrimoine Wallon
- Brussels Capital Region
- Wikimedia Nederland
- Wikimedia Deutschland
- Wikimedia France
- 10 August 2011 - Start website www.wikilovesmonuments.be
- 26 August 2011 - Publication press release: Wiki Loves Monuments 2011 organized in Belgium and Luxembourg
- 1-30 September 2011 - contest period
- October-November - jury judges photos
- 10 November 2011 - 19:00 - Award Session at the KIK-IRPA, close by Jubelpark / Cinquantenaire (Brussels) (photos)
- Images from Wiki Loves Monuments 2011 in Belgium
- Images from Wiki Loves Monuments 2011 in Luxembourg
- Photos uploaded
- 5879 photos of Belgium
- 247 photos of Luxembourg
- 6126 photos in total
- 211 participants with photos from Belgium
- 24 participants with photos from Luxembourg
- 232 participants with photos
- Wiki Loves Monuments
- Website of Wiki Loves Monuments in Belgium & Luxembourg
- Website of Wiki Loves Monuments international
- Commons:Wiki Loves Monuments 2011 in Belgium & Luxembourg
Announcements and notices
- 26 August 2011 - Wiki Loves Monuments 2011 organized in Belgium and Luxembourg
- ( De Standaard, 30 August 2011, )Wikipedia bedankt fotografen met tablet (top section archived)
- ( HLN, 30 August 2011, )Wikipedia beloont strafste monumentenfoto met een iPad (archived)
- ( ZDNet, 30 August 2011, )Wikipedia bedankt fotografen met tablet (archived)
- ( Het Nieuwsblad, 30 August 2011, )Wikipedia bedankt fotografen met tablet (archived)
- ( De Morgen, 30 August 2011, )Wikipedia beloont strafste monumentenfoto met een iPad (archived)
- ( Archeonet.be, 30 August 2011, )Wiki Loves Monuments nu ook in België (archived)
- ( RTBF, 16 September 2011, )Les Journées du Patrimoine à Bruxelles, c'est ce week-end (archived)
- ( Humo, 22 September 2011, )Wiki Loves Monuments (archived1 / archived 2)
- ( HLN, 3 October 2011, )'Wiki Loves Monuments' voegt 6.000 foto's toe aan Wikipedia (archived)
- ( Webnieuws erpe mere lede, 6 October 2011, )Gemeente scoort op Wikipedia (archived)