Besides Wiki Loves Art, you can contribute to Wikipedia and Wikimedia in various ways. A few of these are mentioned below.
- Write articles on Wikipedia
- Wikipedia is being written by volunteers like you. Anyone can contribute to Wikipedia with new articles or expanding existing ones, but keep in mind the guidelines and basic principles when writing, as those make sure the quality of Wikipedia is assured. If you like, you can ask an experienced user to guide you in your first edits on Wikipedia.
- Improve Wikipedia articles
- Not only new articles are being written, the quality of existing articles need to be improved as well. You can help with that by clicking edit on top of the article and improve the quality.
- Repair vandalism
- Sometimes vandals are active on Wikipedia and deliberately attempt to damage Wikipedia articles. All pages have a history in what previous versions can be retrieved and restored. You can help by repairing vandalism and restoring an article to a previous version.
A picture is worth a thousand words
- Upload free content
- Upload files under a free license and enrich Wikipedia and its sister projects with free media, including images, sound files and videos. An image says more than a thousand words. They are knowledge itself and illustrate written knowledge.
- Participate in Wiki Loves Monuments
- Wiki Loves Monuments is the largest photo contest in the world, recognised by Guinness World Records and has the aim to illustrate the world's heritage under a free license. Many historical sites are described on Wikipedia, but are not illustrated with a representative image of the object. Also in your area cultural monuments exist that still do not have a photo on Wikipedia, and you can help by taking photos yourself. The photo contest takes place during September 2016 and more information will be available on http://www.wikilovesmonuments.be.