Kunstenpunt (Flanders Arts Institute) is the Flemish institute for performing arts and has created a database to document the history of Flemish performing arts.
The goal of the project is to have the data from the Kunstenpunt database in Wikidata and connected.
History and background
On 28 October 2015 and 28 January 2016 two meetings were organised as part of the project Flemish art collections, Wikidata and Linked Open Data in what cultural institutions donated their meta data about artworks to Wikidata. Seeing the success of the project, Kunstenpunt (Q26972306) saw the success and started a project with Packed and Wikimedia Belgium to add the data from the Kunstenpunt database to Wikidata.
- Romaine (Wikimedia Belgium)
- Bart Magnus (Packed vzw)
- WMBE 2017: Public facing activities
- WMBE 2018: GLAM program
- 11 January 2017 - Meeting about the processing of the data donation of Kunstenpunt in Walvis, Brussels (Romaine)
- 8 March 2017 - Meeting with Packed about data donation from Kunstenpunt, Brussels (Romaine)
- 23 March 2017 - Meeting with Packed about data donation from Kunstenpunt, Brussels (Romaine)
- Venues: Cleaning up countries and locations data for the 2231 items in the database
- Venues: Mapping venues from Kunstenpunt database with existing items in Wikidata + expansion Wikidata items
- 612 venues in Kunstenpunt database matched with existing Wikidata items.
- 46 venues in Kunstenpunt database had specification to venue (like: room B of venue), while venue (without specification) matched with existing Wikidata item. (~)
- 48 venues in Kunstenpunt database were unclear, raised questions, and could not yet be matched in Wikidata. (?)
- 151 venues in Kunstenpunt database can't be localised on specific location. (X)
- 1373 venues in Kunstenpunt database could not be found on Wikidata with local search. This is caused by different writing of venue name, etc, or venue just does not exist in Wikidata. (-)
- 1 venue in Kunstenpunt database is likely found, but waits for confirmation based on additional data.
- Decrees: Creation articles (+1 extended) about decrees referred to in database and creation of Wikidata items
- Venues: Requesting property for Kunstenpunt venues + creation (request + P3820).
- Venues: Solving all the question marks from the first venues mapping.
- Venues: Preparation importing of Belgian venues from Kunstenpunt database that are not yet in Wikidata by identifying the types of venues. With this research to the types of venues, more Wikidata items were found or items being cleared out.
- 684 venues in Kunstenpunt database matched with existing Wikidata items.
- 67 venues in Kunstenpunt database had specification to venue (like: room B of venue), while venue (without specification) matched with existing Wikidata item. (~)
- 153 venues in Kunstenpunt database can't be localised on specific location. (X)
- 1327 venues in Kunstenpunt database could not be found on Wikidata. Of these 1327 venues, 823 are locations in Belgium. Research (Google/OSM/etc.) to the type of venues resulted in:
- 446 venues in Kunstenpunt database are identified as a certain type of location. (Q...)
- 18 venues in Kunstenpunt database are identified as a certain type of location, but without item for this venue type in Wikidata. (...)
- 29 venues in Kunstenpunt database are identified as a certain type of location, but venue in database has specification to venue (like: room B of venue). (~)
- 30 venues in Kunstenpunt database are identified as a duplicate of another item in database. (!=)
- 6 venues in Kunstenpunt database require special attention with further processing. (!)
- 294 venues in Kunstenpunt database are unclear in what type of venue it is or the location is not clear. (?)
- Venues: 14-18 July 2017 - 504 new items for Belgian venues and festivals have been created in Wikidata.
- Venues: 24 July - 1 August 2017 - Adding to 446 existing Wikidata items of foreign venues the Kunstenpunt identifier + additional information
- Venues: 1 August 2017 - Preparation and sending out call for help of local people around the world to check if for venues in their countries already items exist in Wikidata (page)
- Venues: 11-16 November 2017 - Processing data from call, including the creating/expansion of 431 items of foreign venues.
- Venues: 23 November 2017 - Adding 201 Kunstenpunt identifiers to existing Wikidata items (venue X with room Y or of duplicate Kunstenpunt IDs) + additional information
- Venues: 2-3 January 2018 - Adding 208 other venues (no premieres) from the Kunstenpunt database to Wikidata including where available extra information to the Wikidata items. It were 70 Belgian identifiers and 139 Dutch identifiers that could be matched with existing items in Wikidata.
- People: 11 April 2018 - Requesting property for Kunstenpunt people + creation (request + P5068).
- People: April-May 2018 - Import data from Kunstenpunt database about people
- 6891 existing items have been expanded with the Kunstenpunt identifier
- 20366 new items have been created and have the Kunstenpunt identifier
- Organisations: 9 May 2018 - Requesting property for Kunstenpunt organisations (request + P5164)
- Organisations: June 2018 - Import of 4449 organisations in Wikidata, both new Wikidata items as well as adding identifiers to existing items
- Productions: 21 September 2018 - Requesting property for Kunstenpunt productions (request)
The metrics and statistics of this project are:
- Number of people present with an activity: ... (if multiple activities, please specify per activity)
- Number of newly registered users: ...
- Number of content pages created/improved: ... (preferable specify by wiki, content type and creation/improvement)
- Number of edit-a-thons and workshops: ...
- Number of other activities: ...
Announcements and notices
- ( ) Een jaar proefdraaien rond podiumkunsten op Wikimediaplatformen, 25 June 2018 (archived)