Invitation to the photo contest Wiki Loves Heritage 2018
2018 is the European Year of Cultural Heritage. As part of this thematic year we organise from mid-June to mid-November the photo contest Wiki Loves Heritage to make heritage more visible online and to have it better depicted and described on Wikipedia. Heritage is our common history, but is often unknown to many people as it is invisible online.
All heritage is eligible in the contest, both immovable and movable heritage, both intangible and maritime heritage.
- Immovable heritage are archaeological sites, monuments, cultural-historical landscapes, war relics and city and villagescapes.
- Movable heritage are the collections of art objects, utensils, decorative objects, archival documents, visual material, historic tools and vehicles, etc., which are stored in museums, archives and heritage libraries.
- Immaterial heritage are the non-tangible habits or customs of the past that one cherishes and still practices today. For example, parties, stories, songs, traditions, social customs, rituals, crafts ...
- Maritime heritage is the nautical heritage that can sail or float. This concerns both seagoing vessels and vessels for inland waters with various propulsion types, or without their own propulsion, which were used for pleasure or for professional purposes.
Anyone can participate by taking photos of heritage in Belgium and uploading them under a free license on Wikipedia's media library, Wikimedia Commons, at: Wiki Loves Heritage 2018 in Belgium.
The contest is open to individuals. As a collection managing organisation, you can contribute by facilitating the contest: open the door to photographers free of charge, organise a photography workshop and invite people in your network to take photos, the possibilities are numerous! More inspiration can be found on Wiki Loves Heritage 2018 in Belgium/Organizations.
After the photo contest a jury will review all the photos and the photographers of the winning photos will receive a prize during the award ceremony.
- Contest period: 15 June until 15 November 2018 (but the photos can be made earlier)
- Eligible in the contest: photos of heritage from Belgium
- Follow us on Twitter and share with #WikiLovesHeritage
- Contact us at: infowikimedia.be
- Uploaded photos in the photo contest Wiki Loves Heritage 2018 in Belgium (to be filled during the contest)