Internships at Wikimedia Belgium
This page documents the (possibilities of) internships at Wikimedia Belgium.
An internship can enable Wikimedia Belgium in organising more/better activities (improving communication, organizing events like edit-a-thons, contests...) and offers experiences to interns in how Wikimedia and Wikipedia work behind the scenes.
Profile of the intern student:
- student in cultural sector (médiation culturelle / cultural heritage) or communication ;
- good knowledge in informatic use and social networks ;
- (very ?) good knowledge in Dutch, French and English (the members of Wikimedia Belgium and our target audience sometimes speak only one language) ;
- open and interested in learning about free projects like the Wikimedia projects and about Wikimedian issues (free licenses, gender and diversity issues...);
- takes initiative and as comes with suggestions.
Possible tasks (to define):
- writing and/or translating content from and into English, French and Dutch about the news of Wikimedia Belgium and Wikimedia projects (communication about events linked to the Wikimedia projects, newsletter) ;
- organizing events both online and offline (edit-a-thons, photo contests...).
History and background
- Add here all meetings, activities and other milestones of the project
The metrics and statistics of this project are:
- Number of people present with an activity: ... (if multiple activities, please specify per activity)
- Number of newly registered users: ...
- Number of content pages created/improved: ... (preferable specify by wiki, content type and creation/improvement)
- Number of edit-a-thons and workshops: ...
- Number of other activities: ...