This page describes how users can request rights and what the procedure will be when a request is handled.
The Wikimedia Belgium wiki uses some technical roles:
- bureaucrat (bureaucraat or bureaucrate), a role users can assign bot, sysop and translation manager rights (and revoke bot if needed) ;
- sysop, a role users can delete pages, block vandalism users and do other upkeep and maintenance tasks on the wiki ;
- bot, a role for softwares doing automated operations on the wiki ;
- translation manager ("vertalingenbeheerder"), a role users can maintain the translation system.
The Special:ListGroupRights will give you a comprehensive list of the rights associated to all those technical roles.
Procedure to request right
- Ask on the Community Forum.
- Each user would have an opportunity to give feedback during 3 days (extended to 7 on less active periods).
- A bureaucrat will process the request as soon a consensus is reached.
Procedure to assign right
- Ensure there are at least 3 users who commented the right request.
- Ask on the IRC channel or on Community Forum for extra advices if there is less than 3 feedback.
- Ensure there is a consensus.
- Note your feelings if you don't think there is a consensus, so the discussion could go on.
- If there is a consensus, 3 users, 3 days, assign the right via Special:UserRights.