Talk:Wikimedia Conference/2015 report
Summary: Maarten Dimi and Derek attended the 3 day conference, Derek attended the pre-conference.
- lessons learned
- a list of potential pitfalls for organisations. Take these into account when we grow our organisation. My own list of goals after this conference:
- Set up a montly "Saturday meeting"
- Work harder on membership, membership, membership and off-wiki volunteers
- More intense communications with our members (eg. board meeting results). Use special software for this (eg. Mailchimp)
- Work on our board: better prepared and organised , with a more diverse board
- Do not focus just on our members, work on all possibly interested stakeholders, including people not active on Wikimedia projects
- the WLA sideproject known as the "Educational road show" will be renamed to Wikimedia Belgium Education Initiative, and it wil start with a 1st pilot phase , a 2nd pilot phase and then some repeats of the roll-out phase, not only will this be supported by WMF but also it entails a deeper collaboration wih WMNL.
- develop the Volunteer Personal Development Initiative(VPDI) for our future "off-wiki volunteers"
- I do support Maartenś conclusion about membership and volunteer recruitment