Open Belgium is an annual conference about open knowledge, open data and more in Belgium. The conference is held in English and is organised by Open Knowledge Belgium, supported by Wikimedia Belgium.
With various editions of this conference members of Wikimedia Belgium were present and gave presentations.
- 17-19 February 2014: Ghent (1st) (website | location: Bijloke)
- 23 February 2015: Namur (2nd) (website | location: | photos)
- 29 February 2016: Antwerp (3rd) (website | location: Hof van Liere - | photos)
- 6 March 2017: Brussels (4th) (website | location: Tour & Taxis - building: building Brussels Environnement - | photos)
- 12 March 2018: Louvain-la-Neuve (5th) (website | location: Aula Magna - | photos)
- 4 March 2019: Brussels (6th) (website | location: Herman Teirlinckgebouw - | photos)
- Presentation: Shifting minds in the culture sector: towards open data in practice (announcement (archived) | program (archived) | report (archived))
- Presentation: program How the current EU copyright reform affects open-* in Europe (archived)
- Presentation: Introduction to Wikidata (archived)
- On 2 March 2019 a community day is organised.
- Statistics: 292 tickets, 263 attendees, 69 speakers, 39 sessions
- Official conference site
- Open Knowledge Foundation Belgium
- Photos & presentations on Wikimedia Commons
- Open Belgium on Wikidata
- Open Belgium on Twitter
- #openbelgium on Twitter
Reports, announcement and notices
- 12 April 2017 - Report published in the Wikimedia GLAM newsletter This Month in GLAM about Open Belgium (info | report)
- 10 April 2018 - Report published in the Wikimedia GLAM newsletter This Month in GLAM about GLAM at Open Belgium (info | report)
- ( ) PACKED: presentatie op conferentie Open Belgium 2019, 6 February 2019 (archived)
- ( ) Open Belgium 2019 (archived)