Collaboration with Wikipedia and Wikimedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page describes examples and best practices in working together with Wikipedia and the Wikimedia movement.
Possible ways of collaboration
- Donation of images and other media to Wikimedia Commons, the database for media of Wikipedia.
- Donation of data to Wikidata, the knowledge base with structured data.
- Release of texts under a free license so it can be used in Wikipedia or any of the other Wikimedia platforms.
- Workshop/course: introduction about Wikipedia and editing Wikipedia
- Writing session of Wikipedia articles (edit-a-thon), often in combination with a short introduction in Wikipedia
- Supporting an organisation at their location(s) (like meetings on request or periodical helpdesk hours)
- Wikipedian in Residence (WiR): a volunteer from Wikipedia/Wikimedia who is active in-house of an organisation and helps with opening up knowledge, working together with Wikipedia, Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons and the other Wikimedia platforms, periodical courses in editing Wikipedia, and more.
- QRpedia: QR codes to be placed on location to help visitors access information on Wikipedia on site