Jump to navigation Jump to search
|We would need several people willing to found Wikimedia Belgium. See Kandidaat oprichters (2013).|
Steps to get chapter
- Step 1 - Gather the people
- Step 2 - Develop your Goals and Structure
- What do you want to accomplish as a chapter? What is your mission?
- -> To make more information and media free to use...
- What kind of activities do you want to engage in (e.g. outreach, fundraising, public relations, publishing)?
- -> see section ideas
- What kind of structure do you want for your organization? Is there a board and a membership assembly?
- -> see section structure of organisation
- What are the roles and responsibilities of your board and your assembly? Who gets to decide what?
- Does your organization want to hire professional/paid staff?
- -> Maybe, I guess only later on something to think about, first setting up organisation.
- -> MADe's idea was to hire staff of WM NL/FR for a couple of days when needed
- Step 3 - Run a pilot program
- Wiki Loves Monuments in Belgium & Luxembourg -> http://www.wikilovesmonuments.be
- 2011 - 2012 - completed
- 2013 - current
- Step 4 - Draft your chapter's fundamental documents
- Translate all fundamental documents / getting bylaws
- Step 5 - Apply to be approved to the WMF
- Step 6 - Register with the authorities
- VZW / ASBL (https://www.egriffie.be)
- Chapter agreement with wmf
- Step 7 - Get some money
- Make a request of financing with the nearby chapters
- Bank account
- Members pay for membership
- Funding from Chapter Committee
- Step 8 - Go!