|The Volunteer Personal Development Initiative or VPDI for short, is a program to train off-wiki and on-wiki volunteers.
Apart from some willingness to devote your time to Wiki-related projects, some self-motivation, and a desire to help other users there are no pre-requisites for anybody to become a Volunteer.
Wikimedia Belgium currently is in a phase to prepare trainingprograms and trainingmaterial based on experienced volunteers.
Each training will consist of
- a presentation
- to acquire a particular skill (set),
- the intake of information about Wiki projects / wiki culture / wiki code of conduct or wiki techniques
- and how that skillset fits in to the Wiki environment
- one or more practical workshops in which you practise / execute the skills on-line on the wiki environment
- one or more session in which you help others acquiring that skill set
Examples to be developped
- presentation techniques A
- target how to tell the right story based on a presentation that contains keywords or images
- subject presentation : basic introduction to wikipedia (used during edit-a-thons)
- participate in an edit-a-thon as an editor
- practical : present for class
- session present during an edit-a-thon under supervision of a trainer
- Other workshop titles to be developped
- organising a workshop / edit-athon
- Sourcefinding, referencing / verifiability ...
- article writing
- Wikimedia in residence
- Running glam projects
- Running a small non -profit organisation
- event organising
- legal aspects of vzw/asbl in Belgium , responsibility of directors
- administratation of a small non-profit organisation
- financials of a small non-profit organisation
- collaboration with the WMF and neighbouring chapters
- Training techniques