Invitation to the photo tours Wiki Takes... in September 2016
The team from Wiki Loves Monuments in Belgium and Luxembourg organises on 4 days a Wiki Takes... photo tour in the cities Ghent, Mechelen, Antwerp and Liège to make photos of the local cultural heritage. These cities have a large number of monuments of what we have no photo of on Wikipedia. Still, we would like to make visible on Wikipedia which monuments there are in these cities.
On these days, we therefore set off to take these cities on photo. In several groups of 2 or 3 people, we follow a route through the city to photograph the monuments. Each group gets a list of monuments on that route. More details will follow on the day itself. Afterwards there will be an opportunity to have a drink paid by us and talk about the day. It is intended that the photo tour ends three hours after the start at the latest.
You can participate! Sign up for this event by sending us a mail at: infowikimedia.be
- 10 September: Ghent - 15:00
- We come together left on the square in front of Gent-Sint-Pieters railway station, and start walking at 15:15
- 11 September: Mechelen - 14:00
- We come together in front of Mechelen railway station, and start walking at 14:15
- 16 September: Antwerp - 14:00
- We come together on the square in front of Antwerpen-Centraal railway station in the corner between the station and the zoo, and start walking at 14:15
- 21 September: Liège - 14:00
- We come together at the exit of Liège-Palais railway station, and start walking at 14:15
Already some attention points:
- Take a camera with you!
- We expect from participants to upload the photos in September as part of Wiki Loves Monuments.
- We will keep you informed about other activities and news, unless you do not want to.